Monday 27 September 2021

Censored

 A social media contact from Iran told me that he was having trouble accessing my blog. Later he messaged again to say that he'd found out why. Iran, he said, was blocking and censoring.

I responded with the calm demeanour that maturity brings. After I'd thrown out the Persian rugs in a rage and torn up my air ticket to Tehran. One learns to rise above pettiness.

On the same day, a South African online magazine followed suit. They had invited me to submit articles but about four articles down the track, this was forwarded to me:

"The satire articles we are getting from ***** seems to be getting some negative comments…

This may eventually cause a stir in the political arena…

I am of the view that put a moratorium on it to protect the publication sector"

Such interesting bedwet..., sorry, bedfellows.

Good people, the whole point and purpose is to cause a stir in the 'political arena'. That does read suspiciously like: "We really don't want to upset some people." That kind of cow.., pardon, cautious approach is not unusual. Unnecessary, perhaps, as it's unlikely that the ones we fear offending actually read. Apart from the classics and the government gazzette.

Interesting bedfellows indeed.


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723



No comments:

Post a Comment