Saturday 23 March 2024

Scuffle On, MK

How did I come to have dozens of MK followers on TikTok?

I was praised as a wise man, a legend and other honorifics that would have had me blushing, were I still able to blush.

The reason for this outpouring of praise? This excerpt from a blog post:

'Dear Mr Zuma


My heartfelt thanks for your wisdom and guidance.  I was on the verge of making a terrible mistake at the polling station. 

I understand that you said that a vote for the ANC is a vote for WMC.  Now, I mistakenly thought that a vote for the DA was a vote for WMC.  Ah,  but now I see it clearly. A vote for The DA is a vote for apartheid.  Thank you for making that clear distinction. It would be a terrible thing to think that one had made one's mark for WMC only to find later that it was actually a vote for apartheid...'

(The Scuffle Continues : Seeing The Light: https://thescuffle.blogspot.com/2023/12/seeing-light.html)

A (very) few readers did read between the bull and awarded me a 'fuseg' and 'msu@#$$' or two. These I promptly 'liked', as is my custom.

I expect many more fusegs and msu@#$$s once the realization dawns that the video was not exactly a paen of praise for the Dancing One. 

This raises some interesting questions and thoughts.

Do many South Africans simply cherry pick whatever suits their ideology or theology, without engaging 'drive' upstairs? This could explain the worship of political idols with feet of very fragile clay.

Are irony and satire lost on many of our people? That could explain why rogues and charlatans get so many rides on the merry- go-round. Particularly when they should have left the playground with tails firmly tucked between legs.

Yeats wrote that:

Hearts with one purpose alone
Through summer and winter seem
Enchanted to a stone
To trouble the living stream.

In South Africa, Mr Yeats, we could cannabilise that to:

Heads with one thought alone

Through summer and winter seem

Enchanted to a block of wood

To trouble the living stream.


I quote, for the umpteenth time, because it seems proved time and again:

'If George Orwell had written 2020 in South Africa:

The party's ever-present slogans fluttered proudly from deserted dairy farms, vandalized railway stations and scorched public buildings:

INCOMPETENCE IS HEROISM

DECAY IS PROGRESS

BULLSHIT IS TRUTH....'

(The Scuffle Continues : 2020: https://thescuffle.blogspot.com/2020/12/2020_21.html)


In South Africa, the satire not only writes itself, but, like good manure, grows richer, riper and darker daily.

Here's to my many temporary MK followers!

Viva comrades, viva!


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723





No comments:

Post a Comment