Saturday 27 August 2022

The Skinny On Hospital Jeans


Dear Tembisa Hospital Executives

I, like the president and many South Africans, was shocked at the news of the alleged skinny jeans purchase.

 An excerpt from a news report:

Last year, ahead of the third coronavirus wave in June, the hospital reportedly spent R500,000 on skinny jeans.'


Skinny jeans are a vast improvement on those almost indecent hospital gowns currently in vogue. I salute you for your bold, innovative approach to hospital couture. However, skinny jeans are notoriously difficult to get on and off. I'd hate to expire in the operating theatre because I couldn't get the jeans off in time. And what about blood circulation?

 One story is that each pair cost R2500. I could have sourced them at a fraction of the price. How big or small a fraction to be negotiated. (Remember that nine tenths is also a fraction). With my Cuban contacts, I can churn out thousands of pairs of jeans in no time. The MERDE brand is big in Africa and even on other continents, particularly with fashion-conscious politicians, tenderpreneurs and their ilk.

Instead of proudly taking credit for the imaginative move, someone modestly attributed it to a typing error:

'Mthunzi has now said that the money was actually for sutures required by surgeons: “They actually punched the wrong material code when they were buying”. (ewn.co.za).

Perfectly understandable. I tested the theory. On typing the word 'sutures' one hundred times at speed, i found that in five instances I had actually typed "skinny jeans". Damn these QWERTY  keyboards!

Dear executive, despite all the fuss, I would not entirely abandon the foray into hospital haute couture. Remember that they laughed at Galileo.

Yours in the struggle for medical advances.

Richard  



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723





No comments:

Post a Comment