Saturday 22 October 2022

Boris Johnson, Party On

Dear Mr Johnson

I heard that you are on the comeback trail despite having departed under less than joyous circumstances.

That's so South African. That nod to our beloved country gains you my wholehearted support, sir. I intend to lobby for you. No strings (though I am short a pound or two).

So you had a Guiness or two. What's the big deal? Many of our Honourable Members sip on twenty-year old scotch, I've heard. That may explain why so many slumber in parliament. Of course, you guys have that neat trick of leaping up off the benches intermittently at some prearranged signal. That's one colonial custom that we should adopt.

With regard to the tippling, an ANC worthy did explain that the Party drinks on behalf of the people (amid much jubilation). Therein lies a useful tip for you, sir. "I closed my eyes (opened my lips) and thought of England".

I like your just-tumbled-out-of-bed-and-gulped-my-coffee, tousle-haired look. So distinguished. I also enjoy your speaking style - a sort of eloquent bark, like that of an Oxford-educated, civilian sergeant-major. Our lot tend to mumble dreary mind-numbing speeches. The cliches and slogans that tumble from their lips can induce suicide.

We have a former minister who left under a darker cloud than yours - something involving substantial sums of money and some bad vibes. Unlike you sensitive British people, we don't sweat the small stuff. He is vying for the top position in South African politics. An elder statesman with a somewhat murky reputation faces some 18 counts involving fraud, corruption, racketeering and money laundering. (We don't play here). Has that deterred him from electioneering, pontificating and lecturing? We are made of sterner stuff. So are you, sir. So are you. People have affectionately nicknamed him  'S'boshwa'. I'm not sure what that means. Probably something along the lines of 'Exalted One'.

He is a darned good dancer. Like Mr Bojangles, 'Lord, that man can dance'. In South Africa, you can be forgiven anything if you are a good dancer. That's another tip for you, sir. Beats bobbing up and down on the parliamentary benches.

I am behind you sir, as are all South Africans who appreciate a good beer.

Yours in the struggle for an epic comeback.

Richard


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

2 comments:

  1. So wonderfully put.. Yes Boris, go for it good lad.. And keep that unkempt wild hair look.. Makes you more human than most

    ReplyDelete