Sunday 24 October 2021

A Lighter Shade Of Grey

 


Jolly election song, to the tune of A Whiter Shade Of Pale 

They dance a fierce fandango
Turn cartwheels around the facts
I am getting kinda seasick 
But the crowd yells out for more
It is getting so much harder
And sanity just flew away
Then I thought I'd have another drink
But someone stole the tray

And so it was that later
As the politician told his tale
That my face, at first just cloudy
Turned a lighter shade of grey

They said, 'Listen to reason'
But the truth is plain to see
So I wandered through the history
And could not let it be
Some three hundred and more parties 
Will be vying for my vote
And although our eyes are open
They might just as well be closed

And so it was that later 
As the campaigner told his tale 
That my face, at first just cloudy 
Turned a lighter shade of grey


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723



No comments:

Post a Comment