Thursday 5 January 2023

Economic Freedom Fighter

Dear Bankers and Other Creditors 

You know that you are eternally in my waking thoughts.   You will be pleased to know that I even have the occasional sleepless night in your honour.

A looming national disaster, however, has nudged tbis preoccupation  aside. Unbelievable though that may sound. A knowledgeable financial person tweeted that our national debt is in the trillions. At least it looked like trillions to me -  a string of numbers  with the potential to paralyze Mr Zuma.  

Someone kindly simplified by explaining that every man, woman, child (and, I assume, those with unusual pronouns) in South Africa  is in debt to the tune of some R68 000 or so.

As seasoned business people, you know all about prioritising, eighty  / twenty principle and other impressive sounding stuff.  You will therefore understand that my first duty is to service my share of the national debt.

Should you not hear from me going forward, please know that I am manfully doing my duty as an economic freedom fighter for South Africa. It is a time to put aside those things that divide us - debts and suchlike. "In this time of great peril", the small stuff needs to be stuffed into a mattress or sofa while we get on with saving the country.

Please remember that, in terms of Einstein's theory of relativity,  our little matter is but a mote of dust compared to the country's burden. Shall we, in the edited words of the Danish prince, discard it altogether?

Banking on your maturity, broad outlook and patriotism. 

Yours in the epic struggle against strangulating debt.

Richard



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

No comments:

Post a Comment