Sunday 7 November 2021

Politically Incorrect

 Dear Fellow South Africans 

I have a cynical friend. He said recently that our election results were the equivalent of the Romans voting the barbarians in - time and again.

Ridiculous, right? I mean, barbarians loot, pillage, rape and murder, among other time-honoured pastimes. You don't see any of that, do you? I'm considering cutting ties with him. He's so politically incorrect. Just as I've cut ties with Rupertists, Gordhanists, Stratcommies, WMC puppets (indeed, all puppets, including Chester Missing), counter-revolutionaries and 1652 settlers.

He said that many South Africans are like groupies for Darth Vader, the Joker and Leatherface (something to do with chainsaws and forestry in Texas). As I don't watch soapies, I had no idea what he was talking about. It was like being at a political rally. Far removed from reality.

He went on to say (between my stifled yawns), that we have a trash wish. We will not be content until we hit the slimy bottom of the trash heap (probably just below Zimbabwe). I was rather hurt, as I have good friends in Zanu PF. We are, said he, like a poorer version of Bafana Bafana: comfortable with losing, refusing to learn, passionate about mediocrity.

Being of a cheery, optimistic disposition, I could listen no more. I tuned in to Uyajola for some uplifting content. Some people are unbelievably pessimistic. We have Msholozi, Carl, Dr Ace, Julius, Hlaudi, Mr Manyi, the two Andiles and many other heroes. What could possibly go wrong?

Yours in the struggle for...something.

Richard 



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723



No comments:

Post a Comment