Wednesday 6 July 2022

Sorry, Mr Zuma

 Dear Mr Zuma


Your supporters tweeted recently: "Sorry, Mr Zuma". It was a clutch of tweets, all on the same day, many on the same thread.  Spontaneous, obviously. 

It was as if a revival had swept through the cul...,I mean, the congregation, like a purifying fire. Such an  outpouring of sorrow, remorse and grief . All of South Africa was moved. I was. I threw up three times. I could picture the penitents, all in sackloth, weeping among the ashes and rending their garments. And a great sound of mourning arose in the land (apologies to writers of old).
 
I too, Mr Zuma, am sorry. I am sorry that your deeply desired day in court has been  delayed by mysterious illnesses, unsuitable prosecutors and perhaps the movements of planets. I am sorry that friendship got in way of commission appearances. Your first was a classic, complete with tales of spies and treachery in high places. Perhaps a foretaste of the beans you hinted at spilling? A spicy bean hors d' oeuvre. If so, we are In for a thrilling ride.

I am sorry, too, that you didn't get to prove that prison holds no fears for a martyr of the revolution. Ill health struck again. The good news is that you may yet have another opportunity. Did I see some clips of you dancing after your release? You and Mr Shaik inspire me - golfing and dancing in the valley of the shadow of death.

On that note, I am sorry that your dexterous dancing, sonorous singing and lusty laugh no longer brighten our days and lighten our hearts. A loss to the great South African tradition of political bullsh...I mean busking.

I am sorry too,  that the interesting and innovative appointments in Treasury and the Security Cluster did not stand. It was a fascinating experiment that could have turned staffing and HR principles on their head. For too long, we have paid obesiance to eurocentrc notions about qualifications, track record and experience.

I am deeply sorry about the reams of evidence and hours of testimony about your interesting endeavours. All concocted, we are told, by spies, WMC minions and other thoroughly disreputable, treacherous, villainous types. Sounds reasonable. Sir, this persecution of a great leader and faithful servant of the people is...not nice. It has parallels  with the relentless persecution of that other great leader in the US. Obviously WMC waxes fat in its wickedness there too. Is there no rest for the righteous? 

Nevertheless sir be of good cheer. The truth will out.

Yours in the struggle for truth, respect and genuine repentance.


Richard 




Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

No comments:

Post a Comment