Monday 13 February 2023

The People's Party Protests

 Dear EFF Comrades 


I read your righteously indignant statement regarding your treatment at the State Of The Nation Address. You alluded to (to put it delicately) a right bollocking by assorted security people.
I was, in the words of the Woke Ones, literally shaking. (I've tried figuratively shaking but it doesn't work that well). When I'd stopped shaking, with laughter, I tried to make some sense of it.

This incident  was  as distasteful  as the one in which a chap could be heard shouting, during  a Pan African parliamentary session:

".. I will f*ck you up outside, I will kill you outside, I will kill you..."

I can't remember who the fellow was. You might. From a practical perspective, is there any point in f...ing someone up first if the ultimate goal is to kill? Surely a wasteful expenditure of energy or some really dark, warped drive.

I also can't recall when parliament went into shebeen brawl mode. A friend says that it started when a specific party decided that decorum, rules and standards were not for them, the Supreme, Chosen Voice of the People.
He refused to elaborate (still wondering who). The problem, said he, is that the people's problems and suffering are now the stuff of juvenile posturing, clowning and jesting. He cited the infamous debate about the meaning of the word 'fokol' (of which, said party had extensive knowledge and experience).
 
"What they need",  he said, "Is a thorough sjambokking to concentrate the minds".

I was shocked. I reminded him about the respect due to parliament and parliamentarians, the need for restraint and constructive dialogue.

"In my considered opinion",  I added. "A light sjambokking would suffice."

Two questions for the Chosen Party Who May Do Whatever Pleases Them:

1. Once the line is crossed, where is the next line? Shootouts and lynching in parliament?

2. Should we ever become as angry with you as you are with much of humankind, does the same malleability of rules and standards apply?


A thought: should you ever rule....., sorry, fit of laugh..., I mean, coughing. Should you ever rule, when all that you have taught and shown people to do is skop, skiet and donner, then expect them to do no less during your reign. Ask those who go before.

Yours in the struggle for pow..., sorry peace, justice and prosperity.

Richard 


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

No comments:

Post a Comment