Sunday 16 April 2023

Simply A Mess

Prayer of a minister at the parliamentary inquiry into the Bester fiasco.  

To the tune of 'Simply The Best'. 


I need help, I need help, my butt's on fire

Come quickly, come quickly

It's getting wild 

When you come to me

Come with answers  that I  need

Help me explain that it's not what it seems

Speak a language of law like  I  know  what it means

Mmm, it's gone so wrong 

Help me up and make me strong 


It's simply a mess

Bigger than any mess

Any mess I've ever been in

I'm stuck from the start

Counting every word I say

They'll tear us apart

Wish I'd rather stayed in  bed


So Bester 'jumped'  but we got him again

There's so much between that's hard to explain

Oh, it's  so tough to be in this chair 

I would much rather be anywhere


It's simply a mess

Hotter than any mess

Any mess I've ever been in 

Ooh, the thump of my heart

I'm dreading every word they say

They'll  tear us apart 

Wish I'd rather stayed in bed


Each time they address me I start losing  control 

They're kicking my butt and they're shredding my soul 

Feeling so skaam, wish they'd leave  me alone 

Oh, I just want to go 


Ooh, it's simply a mess 

Bigger than all the rest

Bigger than any mess 

Any mess I've ever made

Ooh, I'm sick to my soul 

I'm dreading every word they say

They've torn us apart 

We might just as well be dead

 It's a mess


Ooh, Bester was slick

Slicker than anyone 

Anyone we've ever caught

Ooh, he made us look  dumb

Sitting here sucking my thumb 

They've torn us apart 

Wish I'd stayed in bed instead 

It's a mess!



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

No comments:

Post a Comment