Thursday 24 December 2020

Only When I Laugh

 

Dear Fellow South Africans 

Heard the one about the ANC politician who meets an admiral in Swaziland?

"But you have no sea", he says.

"We do have some rivers and lakes", the admiral replies. "But you have an integrity commission!".

And Tony Yengeni chairs a working group on crime and corruption. Good choice. Experience is important. 

Dear fellow South Africans, please give the ANC some credit. They have been trying so hard for so long to get us laughing. But we are a tough crowd to please. Always moaning about service delivery, corruption, incompetence and other relatively unimportant stuff. 

Our best comedians couldn't have dreamed up these absolute corkers:

Those who vote for the ANC will be blessed on earth and heaven - Jacob Zuma 

The people love me - Supra Mahumapelo

So this over-concentration of coloureds in the Western Cape is not working for them. They should spread in the rest of the country.... - Jimmy Manyi

Many politicians publicly deny they did certain things but then later admit to them. It is accepted and is not unusual anywhere in the world. .....I personally don't find it a very bad thing - Ndaweni Mahlangu
 
So what? - Baleka Mbete reacting to reference to UN report on SA having world's fifth highest murder rate (Al Jazeera interview)

I am not corrupt. I am not corrupt. Go to the Free State and see what we have done there - Ace Magashule

I stand here to say thank you to Msholozi for everything that he has done for this beloved country of ours - Carl Niehaus

Is fraud a bad thing in society? - Judge Zondo.
I respect you, Chair, but I will not answer. I will not incriminate myself- Dudu Myeni 


Laughter is the best medicine. I think the ANC has been trying to bolster our slightly less than excellent health services system. The problem is that you take them seriously.

Yours in the struggle for excellence in stand-up comedy.

Richard


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723





No comments:

Post a Comment