Wednesday 16 December 2020

Reconcile That

Dear Fellow South Africans

 On this Reconciliation Day, I awoke to bewildering announcements. Mr Fearbuggerall, Twitter Jedi and multi-skilled minister spoke on road safety. 

'We want to get into the bodies and souls of those behind the wheel', he said. 

Of course, I didn't take him literally. Then he asked us to hoot for life tomorrow, 17 SEPTEMBER. It all came together in a blood-curdling, suspense movie type moment. The ANC has mastered not only time travel but also some sort of astral projection / body invasion technique.

 I knew that they were up to some Orwellian stuff but this is utterly terrifying. The good news could be that our problems of corruption, poor service delivery and related stuff may soon be things of the past. Which could be the present. Or.., anyway, you do get the general idea, right? 

 The second shock of the morning. Anchor asks SABC reporter what Durban beach looks like.

 'The ocean is empty', he responds mournfully (I might have imagined the mournful part). 

Good Lord! One of two dreadful possibilities: 
1. The water's all gone 
2. There's water but no fish - or any other form of life.

 Has the Stellenbosch Mafia or some bloody agent found and pulled the plug? Provincial envy? I mean, they only have the DA and we have the awesome ANC.

 I gained some comfort from Mr Mbalula's assurance that the safest place to be now is at the airport or on a plane. I'm on my way to King Shaka (the airport- haven't quite got the time travel thing yet). Perhaps SAA has a spare, roomy Boeing lying around. If not, my camping gear is packed.

Peace, goodwill and other nice stuff. 

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment