Thursday 31 December 2020

Yes Minister Cele

 Dear Mr Cele


I was in bed by 8.30 pm, half an hour before your appointed time. Just showing my regard and respect. Besides, there's a mother of thunderstorms over our part of Durban. I love nothing more than to listen to the rumbling and crashing of thunder. Reminds me so much of the Party. Also the other party that is in perpetual marching motion. Also,  of course of the words of dear old Macbeth:

'It is a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury,
signifying nothing'

I just mention the last. No underlying meaning. Making conversation. I know you love chatting. Saw you having a fatherly chat with the fellow who neglected to wear a mask. You also wisely warned him not to linger (ungalingi). Sir, you are good at this stuff. Lecturing people, grandst.., sorry, standing at roadblocks, stopping dangerous filming on beaches.. Is there not some ministry that could use your talent to the full? Anyone can manage the business of bringing dangerous but boring criminals to justice. But this thing you do, sir, now that's something special. A sort of Bruce Lee or Jedi of the tongue-lashing on camera. Play to your strengths, the HR gurus tell us. Flow. My wish for you for 2021 is that you find that niche. Let some less talented, one track minded fellow do the law and order thing.

Incidentally, while on my way to the loo, I absentmindedly looked through the telescope in the attic. My neighbour was in his garage well after 9pm. Probably receiving a consignment of liquor. Please look into that. The address is below. 

Yours in the fierce struggle against crime and disobedience.

 Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment