Sunday 18 December 2022

Comfort And Joy And The ANC

Dear ANC Top Guys 

What a jolly Christmas do. You guys know how to have fun. You are not called the Party for nothing.

On TV news, I caught what I assumed was your year-end bash. I tuned in a bit late. I love the singing. Nice variation on  the old Christmas carols.  I caught a great tune about 'Buya Ramaphosa' or something. There was another along the lines of 'Hamba Ramaphosa'. I guess the songwriter was exploring all the creative options.  Is there any chance of getting the lyrics?  I'm thinking of working the songs into our next caroling outing. So lively and full of joyous sentiments.

The dancing was equally captivating. I found myself doing a couple of lively steps to 'Wena Zweli uyaz'. I'm not sure what it is that Zweli knows but it's bound to be good stuff,  if the rhythm is anything to go by.  I just wished that Mr Zuma would get into the spirit of things a little. He looked a bit morose. Perhaps that haunting tune 'Akabuyi' (he is not coming back) triggered some nostalgia.

That well proportioned chap with a deep, gravelly voice makes a great Santa. Just  that his Ho, Ho, Ho sounded more like No, No, No.  

I did not get to see the grub but I'm sure that it was of the same high standard as the entertainment. A friend told me that the Party is no slouch when it comes to eating. He said it with an enigmatic smile but he's always been one of those with clever tendencies. Anyway, I'm sure that your entertainment budget is as healthy as your wages and salaries budget.

Nothing like a good Christmas bash to take one's mind off unemployment, crime, blackouts, corruption and other woes. 

And I know that you were eating and drinking on behalf of every South African. Some of us have small appetites but please don't let that hinder you. 

In the spirit of the season, here's a tune for you, cannibalized, with apologies to the relevant artists:

God rest ye merry gentlemen
Let nothing you dismay
Remember 2024
Is still quite far away
There's time enough to bring those back
Who might have gone astray
With tidings of comfort and joy
Comfort and joy
Oh tidings of comfort and joy

Yours in the struggle for epic Christmas bashes.

Richard



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

No comments:

Post a Comment