Friday 30 October 2020

Bollywood- Style Arrest

Dear Law Enforcement Agencies

 Some time ago, I was awarded a couple of tenders to build bridges in Limpopo. At the time I happily hummed snatches of 'Love To Tender' and 'Try A Little Tendering'. So blissfully unaware was I of the trauma and grief that can follow a successful tender.

 I now see people being arrested left, right and centre (mainly on the left). As far as I can recall, I did nothing wrong. My cousin, who heads up the Finance Department, had nothing to do with this tender beyond a routine signature. 

 My civil engineering knowledge is limited to slashing my way through thick undergrowth with a panga. But we crossed that bridge. I subcontracted to someone who in turn subcontracted to someone else, who...Anyway, you get the drift. I am not sure whether the bridges were actually built or not. At any rate, it's my opinion that Limpopo looks better without bridges. Less colonized.

 But, to the heart of the matter. Like many of my comrades, I am disgusted and affronted and also pissed off by the Hollywood- style arrests. The dominance of White Monopoly Controlled, culturally insensitive policing must end. Phansi ne WMCCIP, phansi. We are a multicultural, African country. 

Should things come to that, I would prefer to be arrested Bollywood - style. I have appropriate theme music. I can have a troupe of dancing extras in within minutes. I request that the arresting officers be colourfully clad and in fine voice. Let's do this well or not at all (my preferred option). 

 Yours in the struggle for fairness, justice, professionalism. 

 Richard


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723


No comments:

Post a Comment