Wednesday 15 December 2021

Write On, Mr Zuma

Dear Mr Zuma


I have just read that you may once more take the shortest route, without passing 'Begin' or collecting R200. 

I suggest that we can squeeze this life lemon into a refreshing martini. Your creative juices are on the boil. Your first book has the critics in a Covid-like fever of excitement.  Herman Charles Bosman wrote Cold Stone Jug in a similar environment to the one you are bound for. Jeffrey Archer, too, did some fine work in the aforementioned jug. Then there was Caryl Chessman with 'The Kid Was A Killer'.  He was executed but I don't think it had to do with book quality or content. So, that's not a concern. I think that the quiet, orderly environment and the company of many creative people has much to do with it. I look forward to the pot-boiler that is sure to come. For a signed copy, I'll be happy to dig deep. (Not R1000 deep, but we can perhaps negotiate?).

Sir, you need not concern yourself about the new bull, while you are on sabbatical. Your people are used to handling lots of bull, I mean, bulls. 

 No doubt, we'll be hearing learned opinion from your supporters on how unfair this is. We will almost certainly  hear of captured courts and a captured judiciary. I understand. I have also found the law to be quite restrictive, for example, when I have felt the need to throttle the breath from a deserving person.

Sir, I suggest that you gather pen, paper and your thoughts. Surf the wave.

Yours in the struggle for inspiration.

Richard

Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723


No comments:

Post a Comment