Saturday 29 January 2022

Africa For Africans

 Dear Battalion 54


First, I congratulate you on your interesting Twitter handle. 

Obviously a fighter to your molten core. Nice, warlike monniker. Was this perhaps the battalion you fought in? I'll fall in alongside you on our next march on a school or old age home and we can swap war stories. 

It's a pity that South Africa now needs good administrators, legislators and skills other than singing, dancing and fighting. I do think there may be opportunities in Mozambique, among others.

I was quite taken with your tweet about Gayton McKenzie.

"He can't even speak any African language, he calls himself a mix race but both his are Black and he has a nerve of trying to chase Africans from Africa." https://t.co/euITkpjrAW

I'm sure there's a correlation between being able to speak an African language and competence and other good things. Perhaps we can research that between marches. 

He calls himself 'a mix race'? Most odd. I would have thought that he calls himself Gayton. But then again, to each his own. I knew a guy, perfectly normal in every other respect, who preferred to be called Big Ears. Then there's a bloke who likes to be called CIC. Takes all kinds, Mr Battalion.

You mentioned that both his ...(word omitted)  are black. Would that be his hands? Or his feet? Or were you just being polite? I'm not sure how this fascinating fact fits into your astute analysis. Very observant anyway.

If Mr McKenzie is trying to chase Africans from Africa, he has a mammoth task on his hands. Where does one start: the Horn, East, West, Central...? I rather doubt that they'll want to go anyway. I agree that it's a nerve, trying to chase, for example, Liberians off the continent. Mr McKenzie has some explaining to do.

Thank you for a lucid, thought-provoking post. As the rose grows with each deposit of fresh, steaming manure, so I grow each time I read. This is the sort of stuff that will make South Africa great again.

Yours in the struggle to keep Africans on the African continent.

Richard 


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723

2 comments: