Thursday 20 August 2020

Eye Of The Tiger

Dear Mr Malema 

 I am concerned that you have not been your ebullient, voluble self lately.

 The stage two darkness reminded me of your treatment at the hands of the ever - treacherous WMC media. You once reportedly complained (last year) that eNCA distorted images of you, making you appear darker than you are. And there was I thinking that that was how you actually looked. Is there no limit to their cunning and depravity? They probably also tried to make you look fatter and shorter than you are (I'm sure you are neither). No wonder that you banned some of them from your press conferences. May they never darken your doorstep again. 

 Adding insult to injury was the journalist who called you a p..s. I wasn't familiar with the word. I had a sheltered upbringing (people at the shelter spoke only English). The Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries were no help. I assumed from the similarity in spelling and pronunciation that he was calling you a pussycat. An outrage. I was most indignant. That's akin to calling a tiger a domestic tabby. Sir, one may question your fighting technique but never your resolve. The technique issue is easily addressed through some martial arts training and my earler offer remains open ('Kung Fu': March 2017).

 I do hope that, in this time of great distress, the WMC press will forsake the dark side for a transparent approach to news reporting. 

 Yours in the struggle for balance and objectivity (plus some land).

 Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment