Tuesday 25 May 2021

By The Book

 Dear Fellow South Africans 

I am outraged. 

I am a voracious reader. I swallow whole the works of such thinkers as Dr Ace, Minister Fearbuggerall and Ms Duarte. The Daily Sun keeps me abreast (no pun intended) of the latest in the twilight world of the undead and things fleshly. Occasional light reading includes offerings from EFF and other ANC luminaries. I've read most of the works of that English chap from Stratford on Avon. The comic book versions have nice artwork. (I particularly like the one of Hamlet leaping from a balcony to despatch the villainous king. Ah, great literature).

Now I learn that this is a highly sought after skill in some government departments (or is it only SARS). I picked this up in a back issue of the State Capture Commission stuff.

And here I have been doing it for nothing.

Ms Mthebule was clearly highly competent. I can see her turning pages swiftly, gracefully, soundlessly. A performance deserving of over R2 million. I can read silently and aloud in five languages, including Wentworth slang. I have a passion for books. My shelves hold a massive collection sourced from various municipal libraries.

Why should I not be offered a similar opportunity? 

ANC government, I await your call.

Yours in the struggle for decent, meaningful jobs.

Richard 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment