Monday 3 May 2021

Confessions Down South

 Overheard in a confessional.


"Father, I am a politician."
"No sin is too great for God's love, my son."
"No, father. It's that I redeployed  large sums of taxpayers' money. I was overcome by a force too strong for me."
"Are you saying that the devil made you do it?"
"No, father. Apartheid."
"What did you do with the money, my son?"
"I gave to the poor, my family. They are no longer poor."
"You must now step aside from this path, my son."
"I'll try, father. It's difficult. As the poet said:
'When I consider how my loot is spent,
E're half my days..'

Second congregant:
"Father, I went on a wild spree: wine, women and song. Can I be forgiven?"
"No sin is too great for God's love, my son."
"Father, I also voted ANC and EFF. I was overcome by a force too strong for me."
"The evil one?"
"Food parcels, braais, song and dance."
"God sees your repentant heart, my son."
"But, father, despite all that I have seen and experienced, I did it several times."
"Oh, no, my son!"



Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723




No comments:

Post a Comment