Wednesday 9 September 2020

Hair On Your Chest, Democratic Alliance

Dear DA

 I know that you have just had your conference. In light of recent events, you might want to revisit some principles. Why go through that hard work in parliamentary sessions and committees? You can send a tweet and, to misquote Marc (not Marx), let slip the Jack Russells of war. 

I suggest a march on that fast food place that made fun of traditional dress. For starters (I trust they serve starters). We can then chew on some of the challenges inherent in this exciting approach to political discourse. I refer to collateral damage and the inevitable third force elements who disrupt peaceful protest. Would those be the guys who were arrested; whose pictures were displayed recently? 

The force that wasn't much in evidence initially was the police force. Perhaps regrouping, still traumatized by fierce encounters with the vicious illegal smokers and boozers. Saw a picture of one of those once, lips drawn back in a feral snarl behind the drooping cigarette. My blood froze. My fall was cushioned by some cartons of legal cigarettes, as I went into a dead faint. 

 Of course you must change your name. Something revolutionary. ġemocratic Defiance Alliance has a nice ring. The Fighters spurned my offer of free martial arts training back in 2017. The idea was to introduce some style and grace into their efforts in parliament. Restore some order and dignity. I now extend the same offer to you. Ms van Damme already has an illustrious martial arts lineage through Jean Claude. Also an award winning performance in our version of 'On The Waterfront'.

 Please let us have , in your well organized fashion, a roster of marches for the year. I look forward to collecting exhibits for testing and thorough examination for traces of offensive, racist content. Also to being part of the march of history. 

 Yours in the glorious struggle on the streets of the beloved country.

 Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment