Saturday 5 September 2020

The Good Fight

Dear Mr Malema 

 I once saw a newspaper hoarding proclaiming: 'Malema Attacks Black Lawyers'. I trust this was a verbal and not a physical attack. You do have to keep your strength up for parliament. 

I have often felt like attacking lawyers myself. They do bring out the worst in us, don't they? Fear of lawsuits restrains me. That and a punchbag on my porch, with the faces of various learned gentlemen painted on it. May I recommend this therapy to you. The satisfaction of beating a couple of silks to a pulp is immense. 

But, enough of the complex legal stuff. Will you be attacking white lawyers next? Or in a Messi-like switch downfield, maybe accountants or pharmacists (the Clicks connection)? I again suggest that the newspapers keep a one-size-fits-all template available to rush off the presses. Something like 'Malema Attacks Afriforum / WMC Press / George Soros / DA / Stellenbosch Mafia / Everest Climbers / All Of The Above. Sir, it is a pity that you are not available for Bafana. They could use your ferocity in attack. 

 The byline in question was a long time ago but iblog.co.za (my previous blog host) disappeared like some distinguished Saxonworld residents. I was most anxious that you should see this, lest you again feel the urge. (Besides, I had nothing else to do today). 

 Yours in the struggle to resolve complex legal issues. 

 Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment