Saturday 6 June 2020

Jungle

Jungle
Wednesday, December 18th, 2019
Dear Pickpocket
First, congratulations on your sublime skills. I didn’t feel a thing when you lifted my cellphone on that busy Jozi street.
It was one of the cheaper Mobicell models but I’m sure that, with your abilities, you will graduate to bigger things (Samsung, Huawei etc). The Good Book proclaims that one’s talent will bring one before kings. I hope yours brings you before a judge. Soon.
The phone doesn’t have much storage space, so i suggest that you lift a storage disk as well. The touchscreen feature often becomes a thumpscreen feature. Of course, it’s the information that’s a real loss. Google add to my woes by insisting on sending codes to the stolen phone. I suppose in their wonderful world, no-one ever changes devices. They should visit Johannesburg.
As I’m now unable to access my blog’s administration area, perhaps you could guest blog until I can. Something on the joy and fulfillment that your line of work brings might be a good start. Perhaps you could become an online Fagan, with hints, tips and instructions in the ignoble art. Some of us may need to join the profession, what with our economic woes and Eskom’s sterling contribution.
To anyone else reading this letter, if you happen to know me (Joburg being such a small village), please send vour contacts. I’m rebuilding my directory with some pain. Contact details for Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie and Pearl Thusi would be a promising beginning. I would hate them to misinterpret my silence as a lack of caring.
Dear Pickpocket, I suggest that you target some of our elected officials in future. Some seem to accept jungle law and ethics as normal in our beloved country. It shouldn’t bother them, then, as much as it bothers some of us.
Yours in shared ownership.
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment