Saturday 18 July 2020

Decent Jobs

Dear South African Recruiters 

The ANC once spoke of decent jobs for South Africans. I think I have identified where such jobs may be found. According to a news report, about R17 million has been paid to suspended government officials, while they relax at home. It doesn't get much more decent than that. 

I am well qualified as I have extensive experience of relaxing at home. Or any other place that I might be required to relax. Some of our heroes have apparently been in this suspended state for more than sixty days. While that's a tough proposition, I am nothing if not persistent and can even kick out for the shores of 365 days. Lockdown has merely enhanced my skills in this discipline. I am willing to relocate anywhere except the Eastern Cape. Apparently the lingering effects of apartheid are most keenly felt there. I have had my unfair share of that particular experiment.

Incidentally, I have no objection to indecent jobs also, provided they pay well and involve fun activities.

I also read once of some city employees who worked twice a week. Something to do with problems with the building. I assume that the building was okay on, say, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No telling with modern architecture. That sort of job would come in a close second for me. I'm all for work / life balance. The five day work week is vastly overrated anyway.

Should you find a suitable position for me, I plan to apply for paid suspension within the first month. No point in procrastinating. Of course, I trust that the suspension budget is still chubby and healthy.

My CV is attached. Please do not keep me in suspense.

Yours in the struggle for an honest wage.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment