Monday 25 May 2020

The Party

The Party
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Dear Mr President
You are still president, aren’t you? For now. I missed the news last night and things change so quickly.
One of your team commented that you all emerged from the ANC policy conference filled with vigour Most people emerge from policy sessions dazed and bleary-eyed and I am glad that you are made of sterner stuff. Now that you are all like the Eveready rabbit, we trust that there will be fewer of those sweet pictures of people dozing in the house. Of course, I imagine that your policy conferences are quite different. Peter Sellers starred in a hilarious comedy called The Party, many years ago. You have people who could teach him a thing or two about comedy. Des is just one who springs to mind. The ‘One Minute Manager’ was a huge hit in business circles. I imagine that : The ‘One Weekend Minister’ will do even better and look forward to the book launch. One would also expect that you livened things up considerably, with song, dance, magic tricks and illusions, what with your talent for all of those.I can picture you plucking R200 notes from behind Gigaba’s ears. Now if you could only teach him how to pluck them out of thin air..
Someone remarked on Facebook that we could now expect more of same, namely looting, corruption etc. I think that’s unfair as it disregards your substantial contributions. Our culture is richer for your touching ‘Boy meets machine gun’ song, your dancing, demonstrations of your skills as escape artist, magician and illusionist. Your party has also played a huge role in helping me highlight the dangers of atypical transient global amnesia, of which I wrote to Messrs Koko and Zwane previously. Was there not something about your forgetting meetings with certain parties - related to a building project in KZN? Another victim? I confronted a doctor at our Thursday mental health clinic about the neglect of this pandemic in the making. She maintained that this it’s self - inflicted and requires no further research. Yet, clearly. Mr President, so many of your party have been stricken. Oh. the callousness and arrogance of Western medicine. This is why I have turned to acupuncture and herbal remedies. I have planted 100 hectares of a friend’s farm with that wonder herb with pointed leaves. As per the legislation, this is for my sole medicinal use. I was invited to present a paper on this dread affliction, at an international conference in Germiston. Unfortunately, the paper was blank, as. I could not remember the topic.
Mr President, I mentioned your peerless skills as illusionist. The greatest illusion that your party has fallen for is that they can be taken any more seriously than Peter Sellers in his party.
Yours in the entertainment business
Richard


Tips for the blogger gratefully accepted 

Capitec Bank, South Africa  
1378565477
O Tichmann 
+27 833970723.

No comments:

Post a Comment